In accordance with Board of Regents policy, annual service award presentations will recognize the service of long-term employees. These awards will acknowledge certain periods of service to the University for both Faculty and Staff.
Georgia College & State University Guidelines for Service Recognition:
The Service Recognition Ceremony will recognize continuous service to Georgia College. Service dates are determined on a calendar year basis: January 1st – December 31st.
- Service years recognized: 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30. Employment beyond 30 years will be recognized in increments of 5 years: 35, 40 etc.
- Service years are based on the employment/service date with Georgia College.
- Eligible employees include Faculty and Staff employed at least half-time.
- Employees cannot have a break in service that exceeds one year.
- Employee must be on an approved leave of absence not to exceed one year in order to have service credit for the year. (Added 3/31/2009).
- The Honoree list is comprised of employees who reach the targeted years of service within a given calendar year.