- 6.03.01 - Purpose
- 6.03.02 - Policies
- 6.03.03 - Procedures
- 6.03.04 - Priorities
Section 6.03.01 PURPOSE
To provide typesetting design, printing, copying and other related services for the University and its offices and/or departments. The investment of State funds in Printing Services is to facilitate the official business of the University.
Section 6.03.02 POLICIES
- All use other than for offices and/or departments supported by University budgeted funds are prohibited.
- All publications prepared for distribution to any external audience, whether on- or off-campus require approval from the appropriate department chair, dean or director and the Office of University Communications. This process gives the University's administrator's the opportunity and the responsibility to review all information to ensure that public information about GCSU is:
· clear, concise, and accurate;
· meets the requirements of various academic and administrative units;
· meets the requirements of the Board of Regents of the University System; and
· reflects the stated image and priorities of the University
Approval is required if (a) they are paid for by Georgia College & State University or with money processed through the University; including grant and contract funds, and (b) they provide information about University programs, personnel, or activities.
Publications of projects co-sponsored by Georgia College & State University and other groups (such as professional organizations, community agencies, and other educational institutions) require approval as well, even if such publications are not paid for by University funds.
Revisions or reprints of existing materials (other than those done within the same academic or fiscal year) must be routed for approval even if only minor changes are anticipated.
- Printing Services may recommend the most appropriate means of printing and copying based upon cost, availability of equipment, and other relevant considerations. The final decision, however, is made by the department paying for it.
- All users are asked to respect copyrights and other restrictions which might prevent or otherwise make illegal the reproduction of items submitted to Printing Services, and to assume all responsibility for both intentional and unintentional violations.
Section 6.03.03 PROCEDURES
- Customers must deliver items to be printed, designed, or copied to Printing Services. Delivery may be in person, by campus mail, or electronically. Copying jobs may be sent directly to the copier located in Printing Services. At the time items are received by Printing, a printing request form will be completed to include quantity, specifications, and charge information for each job.
- Printing Services will give an estimated completion date for each particular job. When complete, the customer will be notified and may pick up their finished job or have it delivered to the customer by Printing Services.
- Printing Services will electronically turn in a monthly billing to the Business Office for each using department, and charges will be distributed to the appropriate account.
- Customers must recognize that services requested are contingent upon adequate lead time being provided, which, in turn, is affected by type of job, size of job, special requirements or processes, and the availability of appropriate equipment. To help in scheduling, Printing Services will at any time provide information on current average lead times for various types of jobs. If requested, users will be notified by telephone when work is ready.
- Printing Services cannot routinely assume the responsibility for reproducing extensive manuals, handouts, etc., which approximate those which would normally be purchased as textbooks.
- Copying of items required of students to complete specific coursework requirements will be permitted, provided departments and/or offices authorize charge-backs to their budgets.
Section 6.03.04 PRIORITIES
The following guidelines are established relative to scheduling priorities, high to low:
- Academic tests, exams and/or exercises that for security reasons, and with a definite deadline, will be completed promptly. For one-page or limited copy items, service will be provided while the faculty member waits. For large scale projects, more lead time will be needed.
- Administrative work, limited pages and copies, with deadlines.
- Major Academic or Administrative jobs, especially those that require specialized artwork, design, or services such as binding, cutting, etc., should be scheduled in advance, as soon as the date for availability of final copy is known. This will allow Printing Services to schedule and reserve time and equipment for such major projects.
- It may be that even with advance planning, it will be impossible to schedule certain jobs because of their size and complexity. Printing Services will notify the user in such instances as soon as possible in order to allow adequate time for off-campus printing to be done.