PLANT OPERATIONS PROJECT REQUEST/APPROVAL FORM
Section 7.06.01 - PROJECT REQUEST/APPROVAL FORM
A. PLANT OPERATIONS PROJECT REQUEST POLICY
1. All projects, above $250 (see section 7.01.03), except emergency projects identified in Item 2 below, must have the clearance of the appropriate Vice President for the division involved and funding source identification confirmed from the Vice President of Administrative Services & Campus Operations before being added to the list, unless it has been approved by the President. Any facilities project request that involves Auxiliary Services must have clearance by the Vice President for Administrative Services & Campus Operations.
2. The President of Georgia College & State University can authorize any project, regardless of the source of the funds, which will be completed by the Plant Operations Department, or contracted, regardless of whether it was presented to the President's Staff and discussed before presidential approval (see exception in Item No. 6 below).
3. The project request must have the title of the project, funding source, dollar estimate; priority (administrative, security/safety, programmatic), priority number, and division head clearance (See Exhibit 7.01.16A).
4. After appropriate Vice President approval, the project request will be presented to the Vice President of Administrative Services & Campus Operations for approval (see exception in Item No. 6 below).
5. A "Projected Timeline of Approved Projects" will be prepared by the first Monday of each month by the Plant Operations Department and circulated as an update on the progress toward completion of each approved project, showing any time changes or other modifications.
6. No project can be authorized or begun unless it appears on the above-approved list. Emergency projects approved by the President,or his/her designee, can be initiated before circulation of the list and added to the list, as described in Item No. 2 above.
7. NOTE: THE ORIGINAL PROJECT REQUEST FORM IS THE ONLY FORM WHICH IS ACCEPTABLE.
B. PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING PROJECT REQUEST FORM
a. The requesting department completes the Initial Request.
b. Signature of appropriate Vice President/Division Head, which gives initial approval to begin the process for an estimate.
c. If the facilities project request involves Auxiliary Services, the Vice President for Administrative Services & Campus Operations must approve the request.
d. Forward original form to Facilities Planning, CBX 085.
Estimate and Project Approval to Proceed:
a. Facilities Planning completes the Estimate and Project Approval to proceed.
b. Forward original to the Requestor and the Vice President for Administrative Services & Campus Operations, CBX 021, for approval.
c. Forward original form to Facilities Planning, CBX 85.
Budget Verification & Approval:
a. Forward original form to the Budget Office, which completes this section.
b. The Budget Director indicates the final source of funds to be used for this project.
c. After approval by the Budget Director and the Vice President for Administrative Services & Campus Operations, the original form is then forwarded to Facilities Planning, CBX 085, for inclusion in the Project Timeline of Approved Projects.