Section 7.05.04 - H.V.A.C. GROUP
The H.V.A.C. Group's prime responsibility is the maintenance of refrigeration, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment and systems on campus. The group will strive to maintain an indoor temperature no higher than 78 degrees in the summer and no lower than 68 degrees in the winter. The H.V.A.C. group also is responsible for the Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Program and is assisted by the other trades as needed. A few of the more common responsibilities are:
· Troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of chillers, cooling towers, boilers, heat exchangers, air handlers, heat pumps, dampers, VAV boxes, ductwork, compressors, freezers, fixed and portable A/C units.
· Routine filter, belt, bearing, and motor changes, lubrication.
· Installation, testing and balancing of A/C systems.
· Reclaim refrigerants and demo/dispose of abandoned A/C and refrigeration units.
· Assist Electrical group with troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of fume and exhaust.
· Isolate and repair refrigerant leaks.
· Routine inspection and maintenance of specialized DDC and Pneumatic control systems.
· Assist in energy management measures.
· Assist with preliminary design, cost estimating, final design, and inspection of all projects and renovations.
· Respond to assigned Work Orders.
· Minor H.V.A.C. repairs in residence halls.