Section 7.05.03 - ELECTRICAL GROUP
The Electrical Group's prime responsibility is the maintenance of electrical systems and equipment, to provide optimum coverage for the wide range of electrical systems on campus. The electrical group also maintains the medium voltage power distribution systems campus-wide. A few of the more common responsibilities are:
· Troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of indoor and outdoor lighting systems.
· Routine bulb and ballast replacement.
· Repair of faulty outlets, breakers, switchgear, and generators.
· Troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair Smoke and Heat Detection/Fire Alarm systems.
· Installations of Electrical, Data, and conduits.
· Demolition of unused Electrical, Data, and conduits.
· Troubleshooting, maintenance, and minor repair of fume and exhaust hoods and systems, resident hall laundry and MSU/Auxiliary Services kitchen equipment.
· Inspection and operation of the campus Medium Voltage Primary Electrical Power Distribution System.
· Troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of specialized DDC and Pneumatic control systems.
· Provide electrical engineering assistance including preliminary design, cost estimating, final design, and inspection of all campus projects and renovations.
· Assist Residence Halls Maintenance group as needed with electrical problems.
· Assist in energy management measures.
· Respond to assigned Work Orders.
· Minor electrical repairs in residence halls.